Dual |Z| Probe®
Contact Sales & Service
For immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-550-3279 (1-503-601-1000) or complete our online inquiry form
Differential RF Test with the Longest Lifetime
Features and Benefits
- Best price per contact – Typically one million (1,000,000) touchdowns
- RF/Microwave signal is shielded and completely air isolated in the probe body
- Excellent performance in vacuum environments and temperatures from 10 K to 300°C
- Highest impedance control with perfectly-symmetrical, MEMS-machined coplanar contact structure
- Probe on any pad material with no damage
The Dual |Z| Probe® is a unique differential RF/microwave wafer probe. It uses the same patented technology as the single RF-channel |Z| Probe, but carries two RF/microwave signals on one probe. The coplanar contact structures of the wafer probe are perfectly symmetrical, which eliminates signal distortion such as unwanted mode shifts in differential tests. In addition, the design of the Dual |Z| Probe has been optimized to reduce cross-talk to a minimum.
Small differences in pad height play a large role in differential RF/Microwave test. The Dual |Z| Probe can easily overcome this challenge since each contact structure moves independently. This means your device under test (DUT) and the wafer probe make reliable, repeatable contact for well over one million touchdowns.
For single-ended applications, please see the |Z| Probe. For applications requiring more than two signals and/or mixed-signals, the Multi |Z| Probe is available.